compensation: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Convoy Supply is Canada’s largest wholesale distribution company serving building envelope professionals. Our commitment to exceeding expectations among our customers is the cornerstone philosophy of the company. We are proud of the relationships that we have built over the past four decades with customers and suppliers alike, and are honoured by the friendships we share. Since we opened for business in Prince George, BC in 1972, Convoy has grown to 35 locations across Canada, including our Simplex Tapered Insulation facility in Ontario, and 8 in the Pacific Northwest USA.
We are currently seeking a Temporary Customer Service Representative for our Kelowna, BC Branch to join our team. This position is ideal for a college or university student. We offer competitive wages that vary depending on skill level. We provide training and opportunities for you to advance your career.
The Customer Service Representative assists our walk-in customers directly, creates sales orders, orders and receives inventory assists with the phone and assists with inventory.
This person is the main contact point and is an important representative of our company.
- Assist “walk in” customers for retail sales/ cash sales
- Accept phone orders
- Create sales orders, transfers of material from other branches or from stock to fill orders; enter orders into a computerized point of sales system
- Determine products required by customers and suggest alternative and/or additional items related to the customers order/project
- Order and receive inventory, prepare orders for delivery
- Filing, scanning, preparing invoices to be sent for payment
- Obtain credit information and accept payment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks
- Resolve customer complaints
- Actively participate in Inventory Management and reconcile discrepancies
- Assist with month end
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience in service, hospitality or building supply industry
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer skills in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with customer service
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis and to work extended hours when required
- Lifting up to 80lbs. will be required occasionally
Hourly Wage: $18.00 - $20.00
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers