condition: excellent delivery available make / manufacturer: Yamaha model name / number: MX1000U
QR Code Link to This Post
Near mint condition
Very powerful and clean-sounding. Has no problem driving difficult loads, has output impedance switching on front, including 2 ohms. Heavy, about 45 lbs.
• Hyperbolic Conversion Amplification Circuit
• Advanced Power Supply (APS) Circuitry
• Three-Pair Speaker Support
• LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Power Level Meters
• Overload Protection Circuitry
With traditional Class A amplification, the maximum level of output at which Class A operation is possible is limited by the idling current.
If output exceeds this limit, operation degrades to Class A-B, in which generation of crossover and switching distortion is noticeable.
To eliminate this disadvantage of Class A amplification, Yamaha developed the innovative HCA circuit. By obtaining its output current from hyperbolic conversion, which theoretically eliminates the relationship between output and idling current.
This means that even with extremely high output, operation will not degrade to Class A-B. and because output is not dependent on the idling current, the idling current can be set much lower than that of traditional Class A amps, hence the heat generated is significantly less.
HIGH DYNAMIC POWER (1000 W, 1 Ohm, 1 kHz)
Dynamic power is the measure of how much “peak” power an amplifier has – the ability to deliver momentary output power levels well beyond its normal RMS output power rating.
The MX-1000U,s dynamic power is approximately 4 times that of its maximum RMS, ensuring high fidelity reproduction of wide dynamic range audio sources.
Advanced Power Supply Circuitry (APS) An amplifier is only as good as its power supply - this simple truth has prompted Yamaha to develop the APS circuitry incorporated in the MX-1000.
The problem with conventional power sources was their tendency to produce pronounced voltage ripples during medium to large amplitude music signals, particularly under low impedance loads, together with voltage fluctuations in the power transistors.
ASP solves this problem by providing an active power source that ensures stable voltage in the final transistor stage under all operating conditions, thus greatly improving power supply to the amplifier.
• 260 Watts (8 ohms) from 20 to 20,000 Hz at no more than 0.003% Total Harmonic Distortion.
• 295 Watts (6 ohms) from 20 to 20,000 Hz at no more than 0.007% Total Harmonic Distortion
• 330 Watts (4 ohms) from 20 to 20,000 Hz at no more than 0.02% Total Harmonic Distortion
• Dynamic Power per channel (by IHF Dynamic Headroom measuring method)
• 8 ohms/6 ohms/4 ohms/2 ohms/1 ohms 450W/560W/740W/960W/1000W
• DIN Standard Output Power Per Channel: 1kHz 1% THD 4 ohms, 450W.
• Power Band Width: 0.03% THD 130W, 8ohms, 10Hz~60kHz.
• Damping Factor: 1kHz, 8 ohms, 130.
• Input Sensitivity/Impedance: MAIN IN, 1.62v/60 kOhms
• Frequency Response (20Hz~20kHz), +0, -0.2dB
• Total Harmonic Distortions (20Hz~20kHz), MAIN IN to Sp Out, 130W/8 ohms, 0.003%.
• Intermodulation Distortion: Rated Output/8 ohms, 0.003%
Considered by many as one of the best Yamaha ever produced.
This is the "U" model (USA release) which most feel is the best version with the higher powered dual transformers than the non-U model.
This amp works perfectly and is as great as it was when released. Clean sound with no noise or hum.
The faceplate is excellent ahowing no dents or damage...see pictures.
All lamps and meters work correctly.
Given the age, I believe this amp is as good as it gets.
260 watts/ch @8ohms, 330 at 4 ohms and 1 ohm stable dynamically for 1000 watts!. 3db headroom average (double power capability) at each level.
PayPal fees apply
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers