compensation: Hourly wage commensurate with qualifications. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WJS Canada is currently looking for one individual to join our team in the Okanagan / Interior area of BC, as a Full-Time Program Director.
Job Reference #J0519-0570
While WJS Canada has programs located in three provinces this position is located in the Okanagan/Interior Region of British Columbia. In this region there are a variety of day programs and residential programs that serve children, youth and adults. This diverse population may include at risk youth, persons that have experienced trauma and persons with disabilities. WJS works closely with our funders to provide individualized, culturally responsive supports that meet the needs of the person being served.
The Program Director for the Okanagan/Interior will be providing operational management and oversight for programs in various sectors in the areas of financial management, administration, human resource management, quality assurance and business development within the Okanagan/Interior catchment areas. Focus will be on business administration, networking, responding with proposals and costings to RFP/RFQ as well as oversight of contract management and WJS relationships related to those responsibilities. The Director will supervise and ensure managers operate programs according to applicable policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations and provincially-determined standards, and that all programs comply with contractual obligations.
As a member of the Provincial Management Group, the Program Director participates in developing and approving policies and procedures, and contributes to agency decision-making. The Program Director also participates in national planning initiatives within the company.
This permanent, full-time position will work a flexible weekly schedule of 40 hours, Monday through Friday, to meet operational needs. Required to provide “on call” support during scheduled time off, with the ability to travel within the province to the various WJS programs.
Primary office location is to be within the Okanagan / Interior BC area and will be determined upon hiring.
Wage will be commensurate with the qualifications, at time of hiring.
The successful applicant must possess:
- A degree in one of the humanities, social sciences or related field with educational preparation for the roles of manager and administrator.
- Three to five years in a similar management or human resources generalist position
- Must have specific experience with financial and human resource management.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Current WCB Occupational First Aid, Level 1 and CPR certificates required.
- Experience with basic sign language and/or alternative communication strategies training or experience an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract with a reliable, safe vehicle (including appropriate insurance)
- A physician’s note confirming suitability, including a negative tuberculosis screening test
- Knowledge of MCFD (Ministry of Children and Family Development), CLBC (Community Living BC), Aboriginal Operational Practice Standards and Indicators and Child Care Licensing Regulations.
**Successful applicants will be required to participate in MCFD screening prior to confirmed employment with WJS Canada.**
Application deadline: July 2nd, 2019, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply with resume and covering letter (outline education, experience and references), including Reference #J0519-0570.
Attention: Tim Bohr, Regional Service Director
For complete details and to APPLY, visit:
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers