compensation: To be determined, based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
POSITION STATUS: Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT)
(Submit resume and cover letter together as one document)
The BC SPCA Penticton Veterinary Hospital (PVH) is a full service, progressive, multi-doctor hospital. Our focus in on providing high-quality, Fear Free patient and client care. PVH is looking for a friendly, outgoing and motivated Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT) to join their growing team.
This position assists our Veterinarians to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to our patients, and to aid the Veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency in the hospital. This position will assist in multiple procedures providing care for animals, including daily in-patient and out-patient care, client communication, technician procedures, laboratory duties, treatments, drug dosages and dispensing, surgery, dentistry, maintenance of instruments and equipment, medical record notation and maintenance, housekeeping duties, administrative duties, inventory, and other tasks as required
To provide the best possible care to our clients and their pets, you will perform low stress and Fear Free handling and restraint.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
• Registered and certified Animal Health Technologist (AHT or RVT)
• Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, for ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests
• Knowledge of the use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various instruments and materials
• Knowledge of the instruments, materials, and standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations and provide “tableside” assistance
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
• Philosophical harmony with BC SPCA policies, programs and protocols
• Able to fulfill physical demands of the job which may include standing for long periods of time, walking, and sitting, and lifting heavy objects and patients
• Must understand and assume the potential risk of injury from animals; is able to take adequate precautions following Fear Free standards to prevent stress and injury to both patients and staff
• Must be willing and able to have exposure to supplies commonly used in a hospital setting such as anesthetic gases, chemicals, drugs including controlled substances, and x-ray radiation within Canadian safety standards
• Previous experience with kennel or animal care as well as Cornerstone software will be considered an asset but not necessary.
If you are legally entitled to work in Canada and would like to be a part of our Penticton team, we invite you to apply now.
No telephone calls please. We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers