job title:Painter/Prepper Student Works Painting Penticton
QR Code Link to This Post
Work is typically Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm. There is some variation in these hours due to the nature of the job
(sometimes we wrap up early, sometimes a little later) but it usually ends up being around 8am-5pm Mon-Fri.
● The jobs are typically about 70% exterior, 30% interior. Lots of work on ladders (10ft-30ft up).
● If there is poor weather on 2+ days in one week while working on exteriors, and if an interior job can’t be
substituted, you’ll be given the option to take those days off and work on Saturday & Sunday instead to stay on
track for your earning goal.
● You will be teamed up with one or two other painters, and the group of you will be a crew all summer.
● All painters are expected to be self-motivated & independent, to set personal goals & strive for them.
● Jobs start with each painter delivering 30 flyers to the neighboring houses; this is so that other people will come
visit the site while you’re there and we will find more work! Make conversation when you can!
● Payment is based on piecework. The harder & more efficiently you work, the more money you’ll make.
● All new painters start at the salary of $20 a piece. Raises are possible within 2 weeks of starting, and are
accompanied with increased responsibility, e.g., getting paint, collecting payments, carrying ladders.
● There will be a one-on-one meeting every other Friday with me! The agenda includes getting your payroll cheque,
reviewing your financial goals, requesting time off, discussing any crewmate issues, and giving and receiving
feedback and new ideas.
● Clients have the opportunity to tip you! If you are very friendly and do an excellent job, it almost always leads to a
great tip – in the past my best painters have been tipped $100 each several times!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.