Our Kelowna client is looking to add a Production Mechanical/Electrical Assembler & Shipper to their busy team. In this role the ideal candidate will assemble and fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a specific area of a production line in a manufacturing organization.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
• Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screw and drill gun
• Performing soldering, which is the process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and flowing a filler metal (solder) into the joint
• Maintain inventory of product in work stations
• Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
• Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
• Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years mechanical assembly experience may be required
• Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions
• Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
• High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
• Specific technical or vocational training or certification may be required; may be required to pass ruler test
• Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
• Regularly perform repetitive tasks
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.