Our licensed cannabis facility is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in 2021. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, critical thinking, and has a high-level of organization and attention to detail. This role requires strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, as the QAP will be responsible for educating staff and enforcing SOP compliance in all departments.
- Develop, maintain, and manage highly organized quality systems for manufacturing, testing, and releasing natural health and cannabis or hemp products.
- Prepare, finalize, and update policies, procedures, and record forms related to these quality systems.
- Define, design and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to production, pest control, building, equipment, packaging, labeling and storage and distribution of cannabis.
- Perform investigations of system deviations and implement Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA).
- Ensure these quality systems comply with Health Canada regulations and other foreign regulations as needed.
- Review deviation reports to ensure adherence to internal processes and suggest corrective and preventative actions.
- Prepare and maintain Preventative Control Plans (PCPs) for Cannabis/Hemp product manufacturing.
- Perform internal and external quality audits.
- Prepare the site for Health Canada, organic certification inspections and assist in replying to HC observations.
- Plan and conduct training for all staff on the quality systems and ensure the systems are properly implemented.
- Set up training files for all staff, ensure required training is complete and all training records are continually updated and maintained.
- Prepare and coordinate certifications required for Natural Health and Cannabis product production.
- Initiate audit programs (regulatory, internal and third party).
- Assist with operational activities as required.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Existing CTLS security clearance for QAP (MUST).
- 2 years of experience in a QA/Regulatory manufacturing environment.
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biology/Food or similar discipline. MSc is preferred.
- Experience in managing Quality Management Systems and creating Preventative Control Plans
- Strong understanding of Health Canada, FDA regulations, and GMP/GPP requirements for pharmaceutical, health, and cannabis products.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Great attention to detail and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Ability to multitask efficiently.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
Work Location Information & Transportation/Travel Information
- Rock Creek, BC
- Own transportation/own vehicle
- Staff accommodation available on-site
Please send your resume as a PDF. Selected candidates will be contacted for a Zoom interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers