compensation: depending on experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Financial Assistant - Part-time Position – 21 hrs per week
We are seeking an energetic individual to join and assist our Administration Team.
The Financial Assistant works closely with the Finance Manager and will interact with clients and stakeholders relating to financial matters. This role directly supports the Finance Manager in carrying out the duties assigned relating to financial affairs of the organization.
• Communicating with vendors and clients about accounts payable and receivable
• Processing invoices for payment
• Processing staff travel and expense claims
• Issuing subsidy cheques and reconciling the database
• Database entries for various funder accounts
• Maintaining petty cash
• Other related duties as assigned
• Minimum of two years previous equivalent experience
• Minimum post-secondary accounting diploma or equivalent
• Proficient in Sage Accounting, Word, Excel and previous database experience
• Fund accounting experience in a non-profit sector, would be an asset
• A clean driving record and a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with your own reliable transportation
• Clean criminal record
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills, experience working in team environment, be able to problem solve
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Professionalism, integrity and ethical behaviour are expected with regard to client confidentiality and as well as matters concerning co-workers and SOSBIS
Salary: depending on experience
This role is expected to begin approximately January, 2022
Fax, mail or email resumes – posted until position is filled
South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society
Attention: Linda Sankey, Executive Director
#2 – 996 Main Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5E4
Email: show contact info
Fax: show contact info
We thank you for your interest, but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers