QWORKS is a FREE 20-week Skills Training for Employment Program, assisting members of British Columbia’s 2SLGBTQ+ community facing multiple barriers to find sustainable employment.
QR Code Link to This Post
The QWORKS Program is delivered in a hybrid model which provides a safe and inclusive environment that combines live online classes with self-paced learning, and features content specifically tailored to the experiences and needs of 2SLGBTQ+ individuals. QWORKS also includes one-on-one coaching, including referrals to personal supports, employment placements, and on-the-job training.
Our FREE program includes 8 weeks of online training (which can be accessed anywhere in BC) followed by 12 weeks of support for your job search, and/or pursuit of further education.
QWORKS has lessons in:
• Employment Readiness
• Interview Skills & Resume Building
• Job Search Strategies
• Achieving Job Sustainability
• Interpersonal Life Skills
• Identity in the Workplace
Our team of Facilitators, Job Developers, and Employment Counsellors are committed to working with participants in overcoming employment challenges, developing personal and work-related skillsets, and identifying and securing meaningful career opportunities.
• Job supports are available, if eligible, such as transportation, disability support, short-term training (i.e. first aid, FoodSafe), work gear etc.
• Living allowance available, if eligible, based on attendance
• Online learning platform - access training from anywhere
Interested in finding secure employment while building your skillsets?
Contact us today for more info or to join our March 2024 session!
*QWORKS is not available to residents of the Greater Vancouver Area