Big Box Outlet Store is a locally owned, well-established (over 30 years with 16 stores),
values-based company that offers a unique shopping experience to our customers by providing a variety of quality products at discount prices.
We are currently looking for an experienced P/T Cashier/Retail Merchandiser to join our Kelowna store today!
• Support the operation of the store by stocking shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers
• Meet our customer's needs by answering questions and processing point of sale transactions effectively and efficiently.
• Ensure signage is displayed accordingly including flyers and sales markdowns
• Ensure product displays are consumer focused and "shoppable"
• Interact with customers daily, responding to them courteously and efficiently
• Participate in the maintenance of an attractive store environment
• Handle cash transactions using cash register and POS system
• Issue receipts and refunds
• Answer customer's questions about merchandise and advise them on merchandise selection
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
• Previous Supervisory experience is an asset
• Working experience in retail merchandising and cashiering
• Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with cash registers, scanners, POS systems etc.
• Attention to detail and mathematical skills
• Neat, clean and professional appearance
• Proven record of processing exact and timely sale and return transactions
• Able to maintain knowledge of product description and current location
• Dedicated and meticulous: High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Detail-oriented with the ability to accurately scan and bag all merchandise
• Physically able to perform tasks that require some heavy lifting, stooping and bending
• Able to answer the telephone and perform light housekeeping tasks
• Dependable, reliable and punctual
• Competitive Wages
• Store discount after probation period