Job Title: Store Manager
QR Code Link to This Post
Reports to: Regional Manager and President, Two Roads Retail Specialists
Job Purpose: The Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store in accordance with the overall goals and mission of Two Roads Retail Specialists and its partner, Calendar Club. The Store Manager acts to promote and maintain excellent customer service and ensures proper visual presentation and store cleanliness guidelines are adhered to. Achieving performance objectives will require action in the following areas: store operations; human resources; customer care; information technology; and administration with major parts of the job on a day-to-day basis include managing staff, finding new ways to improve sales, and meeting customer demand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Focus on generating revenue and achieving store goals including delivering growth, maximizing sales and profitability;
• Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control.
• Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits.
• Using information technology to record sales figures and for data analysis and forward
• Dealing with staffing issues: interviewing potential staff; conducting appraisals and
performance reviews; and providing or organizing training and development;
• Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met;
• Responding to customer complaints and comments.
• Updating Senior Management on business performance, new initiatives and other
• Communicating with colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
• Dealing with sales, as and when required.
• This is an evolving position and duties and responsibilities may change over time.
• Experience managing in a retail environment;
• Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
• Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team;
• Ability to work with minimal direction, problem solve and make decisions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• A strong commitment to customer service;
• Ability to understand and analyze sales figures
• Ability to planning and organize;
• Must be detail oriented;
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word;
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks;
• Flexibility - must be available to work a staggered schedule, including evenings and weekends (Sunday included); and,
• Any other duties that may be required to ensure courteous friendly service and a store that meets and maintains the standards.
The incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, and do repetitive tasks.
Health and Safety
It is your duty to take care of your own safety, health and welfare and that of any other person who may be affected by your activities.
Good housekeeping is a major priority in our business.
Point Of Sale Operation
You must always ensure all policies are followed when operating the POS system and other systems in the store. You must also remember to provide a professional, friendly and helpful service to all of our customers.
It is the responsibility of all sales associates to be vigilant and attentive towards the protection of the business assets. However, it is also our policy that no sales associate put themselves at risk of physical danger in the protection of the business assets. Always inform your Manager if you observe suspicious behaviour.
Good communication is extremely important for the operation of our business. It is vital that all sales associates maintain clear channels of communication between their colleagues.
Please submit your resume.