We are currently seeking an Application Support Engineer to be part of our Oracle Commerce Hosting Team. In this role you will be part of the team deploying and supporting Oracle Commerce applications. You’ll be working with some big name retailers who will depend on your expertise to keep their stores running optimally.
• Act as a subject matter expert and thought leader for Oracle Commerce hosted solutions
• Application & middleware deployments for Oracle Commerce (ATG) related applications
• Administration of Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Solr, Endeca and other applications
• Troubleshooting application issues & incidents, performance and otherwise
• JVM tuning, troubleshooting GC issues
• Web application performance testing
• Strong focus on customer success as a measure of quality
• Ability to diagnose and fix issues in complex web environments involving hardware, software and networking
• Collaborate with global teams with diverse skillsets towards common goals
• Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer environments
• Innovate and continuously improve automation and support procedures
• Participate in customer solution and incident reviews
• Participate in weekly on-call rotation
• Mentor and assist your peers in your areas of expertise •
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
• Strong, confident “voice on the phone”, talk to customers about what’s going on and next steps
• 6+ years experience with Oracle Commerce (ATG) and Endeca
• 9+ years systems architecture, engineering or administration experience
• 6+ years experience administering hosted Java web applications – Jboss, Tomcat, Weblogic, etc.
• 3+ years building solutions on AWS or other virtual infrastructure
• 3+ years in a professional mentoring / coaching role with more junior team members
• Strong familiarity with database administration concepts, troubleshooting and performance tuning
• Strong skills with Linux shell scripting
• Proven ability to work independently and lead projects
• Excellent problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibilities
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
Nice to have
• ITIL Change Management experience
• Experience with DevOps methods and tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible.) – Config MGMT, CI, etc.
• Experience architecting & building PCI compliant systems
• Experience with deployment automation: Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
• Experience with application performance monitoring tools such as New Relic, App Dynamics or Dynatrace
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers