Central OkanaganPublicSchools (School District No. 23),Kelowna BC, provides education services to 22,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
Painter - Full-Time
Pay Grade 7 - Job #0739 - $29.49/hr
The workload for this position is eight (8) hours per day, being forty (40) hours per week, twelve (12) months of the year, and may include shift work.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations or designate, prepare and paint surfaces. This position may be required to start work at various project locations.
Applicants must have:
- completed Grade 10;
- B.C. or Interprovincial Journeyman Painter Ticket;
- demonstrated training and work experience in current BC construction/maintenance safety requirements and WCB Regulation relating to the trade and industry;
- WHMIS Certificate/training;
- valid B.C. Drivers License.
Applicants must be:
- able to work with minimum supervision;
- able to work alone and within a team environment;
- self starter;
- able to climb ladders and work at heights.
Applicants will be expected to:
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position;
- maintain good interpersonal skills;
- have good verbal and written communication skills.
- understand and use Outlook email, basic Microsoft office and the work order system
The following would be considered an asset:
- two (2) years experience at a journeyman level;
- Fall Protection Certificate/training;
- Scaffold Erection Certificate/training;
- Elevated Platform Certificate/training;
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate.
Please apply on Make a Future on https://makeafuture.applytoeducation.com/Applicant/AttJobPosting.aspx?JOB_POSTING_ID=ef07c4c7-bc82-47a8-a554-59b07a6e138d.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers